Carl “Carlee” Harding is serving his first term of office representing the constituents of District 2 on the Terrebonne Parish Council. He is a lifelong resident of Terrebonne Parish and a member of the Beautiful Zion Baptist Church. Carlee serves as a Senior Deacon, Teacher, and the Board of Trustees Chairman. He is a 1973 graduate of Terrebonne High School and attended Grambling and Nicholls State Universities. Mr. Harding completed associate courses through the LSU Firemen Training Program.
He is a veteran of the United States Navy who served aboard the USS Tripoli during the Vietnam War and received an honorable discharge in 1977. Carlee is a retired Captain and nationally certified fire fighter, having served 20 years as a member of the Houma Fire Department. In 2015, Mr. Harding retired from the Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development as the Lafourche Parish Highway Maintenance Superintendent. He was also employed by the Fire District No. 8 and served as the Day Chief and as an EMS Responder.
Carlee has volunteered and served as a:
- Red Cross - First Aide Instructor and Trainer
- American Heart Association CPR Instructor and Trainer
- American Heart Association Area 8 Committee
- Firemen Pension and Relief Board Member
- Louisiana DOTD District Safety Committee Member
- Terrebonne Parish Recreation District No. 11 Board of Commission Member and as the Commission’s Secretary
- Local Baseball Coach
- Louisiana High School Official Association (LHSOA) Member (basketball)
- Certified High School Baseball and Softball Official
He believes that an elected official’s job should be to ensure the community’s safety, promote positive environments for families to live in, encourage educational opportunities, and grow businesses. Two of Carlee’s favorite quotes are Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s , “We may have all come on different ships, but we are in the same boat now,” and Margaret Thatcher’s, “I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that, in the end, good will triumph.”