TPCG Residents Business Government Visitors Online Services Contact Us Help

Recovery Assistance & Mitigation Planning

Recovery Planner Jennifer Gerbasi


Funding Programs through the Parish

There are several programs available from the federal, state and the parish governments to help people recover from flood damage. The information on this page is intended to give some information on the funding, which properties are eligible for which programs, and some forms that the Parish will use for upcoming applications for funding. The Federal Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) Program is also available. Currently the parish has programs to elevate, purchase, reconstruct and demolish homes depending on the funding source and eligibility requirements.

The parish has a voluntary demolition program to clear properties damaged by the storms through flood or wind. These services may be funded up to 100% based on income. Letter of Interest

Hazard Mitigation Grant Program

The parish consistently seeks funding from all sources including FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant funding. Letters of interest are accepted continuously. Those who are prepared to move forward are more likely to be chosen as alternates when others drop out of the program.

Severe Repetitive Loss Program

Congress has approved special funding for the flood mitigation of certain properties, chosen by FEMA, whose owners have flood insurance. The Parish has mailed notices to those people on the Severe Repetitive Loss list created by FEMA. The houses can be elevated or demolished and reconstructed. Reconstruction is capped at $150,000 construction costs plus engineering and permits.

Community Development Block Grants

The acquisition program is envisioned to be funded by Community Development Block Grants (CDBG). The Parish has submitted an application to the State, and the following program will be available only if there is approval through the State and the Department of Housing and Urban Development. As a CDBG program it is expected that at least 51% of the properties will have to belong to low to moderate-income residents.

Call 985-873-6565 with questions or to make an appointment to fill out a funding request.

Return To Top