You are here:
 

Gas Distribution

Superintendent Cary Robichaux

 

Safety Tips

Carbon Monoxide

Natural gas by itself isn't poisonous; gas burners that aren't adjusted properly can produce deadly carbon monoxide. You can't see or smell carbon monoxide, but it's a killer. To avoid its danger, always make sure that all natural gas appliances are properly adjusted and vented to the outside so they'll burn safely and efficiently. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, remember to check the batteries at least twice a year.

Return To Top