Parish-Wide Curfew from 10 PM to 5 AM Beginning April 1, 2020
Wednesday April 01, 2020 05:23 pm - 4705 Views - Posted By Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
In order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus in Terrebonne Parish, a parish-wide curfew has been jointly implemented by Terrebonne Parish President Gordon Dove, Terrebonne Parish Sheriff Jerry Larpenter, and Houma Police Chief Dana Coleman, beginning April 1, 2020, from 10PM till 5AM. The curfew will remain in effect daily until further notice.
As the number of coronavirus cases increase in Terrebonne Parish, all parish residents should Stay at Home and only leave for essential items, in order to help reduce the spread of this virus. Our elderly and those with chronic health conditions are the most vulnerable, but each resident should take personal responsibility to help prevent the spread of this virus within our community.
To help prevent the spread of coronavirus you should do the following:
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough and sneeze into the crease of your elbow.
• Clean frequently touched surfaces with regular household cleaning sprays or wipes.
• Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Stay home from work if you are sick and call your primary physician. For emergencies, please call 911.
For the most updated information regarding COVID-19, residents can do the following:
• Text TPCOVID to 888777 for the latest information from Terrebonne Parish
• Dial 211 and ask a question
• Text LACOVID to 898211 for the latest information from the State of Louisiana
• Visit LA211help.org