Have a Hurricane Plan
- If it may flood, prepare your home:
- Shut off electricity.
- Shut off gas.
- Move valuables above water level.
- Anchor fuel tanks.
- Have an evacuation plan: make a list of emergency numbers, identify a safe place to go,
and know your evacuation route.
- Make a household inventory list, especially of contents. Record a video and be sure to get all the walls from top to bottom.
- Put insurance policies, valuable papers, and medicine in a safe, dry place that is easy to access.
- Put cleaning supplies in a handy place.
- Develop a Family Disaster Plan.
- Teach children about hurricanes and hurricane safety.
- Help friends and family members with special needs.
Visit Terrebonne Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness website for more information.