Safety Tips - Gas Safety Tips
Gas Safety Tips When Using Natural Gas
- When operating gas appliances, follow all manufacturer instructions and have qualified people make repairs.
- Keep all combustible materials away from gas appliances.
- Keep burners and surrounding surfaces clean.
- Make sure the flues of any automatically controlled appliances are kept clean and correctly vented.
- Don't use gas fuel lines as clotheslines.
- For safety, all approved appliances have automatic shut-off valves; however, sometimes even the best safety features are not enough to protect a curious child.
- Tampering with gas meters or piping is very dangerous and illegal. If you suspect tampering, please call Terrebonne Parish Utilities at 985-873-6750.