Accomplishments and Goals
Accomplishments and Goals
- Implemented and presented (3) on-site employee Fred Pryor training seminars at no cost to TPCG departments on topics dealing with leading a team, how to defuse anger and calm people down, and professional communication-what message are you sending.
- Implementation of the active use of the new time keeping system in several new departments which includes Utilities Administration, Purchasing, Gas Distribution, Juvenile Detention, and Animal Shelter. Reprint, educate, and train all hourly employees to make use of this equipment so as to better serve the Accounting department for more efficient employee time management for payroll.
- Continued to strengthen the working relationship with Louisiana Workforce which gives low risk inmates an opportunity earn money and re-establish themselves in the workplace before being released.
- Participated in Terrebonne/Lafourche Parish School Systems "Job Career Fairs" to highlight TPCG as an employer with long term job security and opportunities available to both parishes' youth.
- Strengthened rapport/working relationships with department directors and management in the following area: reporting of accidents, incidents involving employees; providing written backup documentation/write-ups for employee disciplinary actions/terminations; consistency in employee evaluation process; communications on handling of TPCG employee issues within departments; better cooperation and assistance in employee investigations.
- Coordinated parish wide department functions and competitions: "Fill a Box, Feed a Family," (Food Drive for Community Food Bank), "TPCG Biggest Loser Contest," (Wellness Program) and "Greening the Government." (Recycling Awareness Program).
- Initiated the Human Resources Department's "Helpful Hints" which highlights specific sections of the Personnel Policy, important seasonal information and reminding employees to keep all personal information updated through the quarterly TPCG Employee Newsletter and/or emails to all Departments/Division Heads.
- Contracted with approximately 75 Emergency Bus Operators and completed the appropriate paperwork to ensure they possess a valid LA Commercial Driver's License with correct endorsements to make certain the safe transportation of our citizens in the event of an emergency.
Upcoming Goals and Objectives
- Continue to provide on-site training for parish departments on various topics; FMLA, EEOC policies, workplace violence, and Fair Labor practices.
- Maintain the Human Resources Department's personnel filing system by ensuring all records are compliant with federal and state laws. Secure all confidential documents.
- Human Resource staff will continue to be trained on Federal and State law changes, attend HR seminars, and retain their certifications through the HR Certification Institute.
- To fully establish the remaining TPCG departments/divisions on the fingerprint time keeping system.
- Redo and revise TPCG Parish Policy & Procedure Manual. Distribute once approved and accepted by the Parish Council to all TPCG employees.
- Once the revised TPCG Parish Policy & Procedure Manual is approved by the Parish Council create and distribute a TPCG employee handbook and make a copy available to each employee.
- Continue to modify TPCG job descriptions and review accuracy to make certain that all descriptions list up-to-date job duties, job requirements, physical lifting standards, and FLSA status. Risk management needs to be actively engaged in job descriptions and review toad job functions that eliminate future claims.
- Employ IT technology and policies into the Human Resources Department, which will enhance service, communications and productivity throughout the Parish. This will assist in maintaining best practices and allow Human Resources to be more effective in delivery to our established departmental needs.