Utility Assistance Available
Are you a Terrebonne Parish resident having trouble paying your utility bill?
Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government Department of Housing & Human Services is offering utility assistance to low-income families. For more information please call (985) 873-6817.
You can apply every 6 months if funding is available and we are accepting applications.
FEDERAL POVERTY INCOME GUIDELINES
Effective October 1, 2017
||Monthly Gross Income
For anyone interested in applying you will need to go to one of the following site below during the time listed.
Tuesday - August 21, 2018
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
346 Civic Center Blvd. - Houma
DOORS WILL BE LOCKED AT CLOSING TIME, AND NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED IN AFTER THE DOORS ARE CLOSED. NO EXCEPTIONS!
You must provide COPIES of the following documents for us to keep:
- Social security cards for EVERY member of your household. Must be paper card issued by social security office. Name and number must be clear enough to read and not
altered in order to be accepted. NO PLASTIC CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- A valid Driver's License or Picture ID with person's name for EVERYONE 18 years and older in the household. EXPIRED ID's, DRIVER'S LICENSE and handicapped ID will not be accepted.
- Current proof of income for EVERYONE in household receiving income (Ex. last 4
consecutive check stubs if working, 2018 social security and/or SSI award letter, 2018 letter for retirement benefit, unemployment printout for last 30 days of detailed payment receiving with name), 2017 income tax forms if self employed.
*Please note bank statements WILL NOT be accepted as proof of income*
- An electricity and/or gas bill dated for the same month within the last 6 months. Bill
needs to be monthly bill from utility company and not a disconnect or delinquent bill. Your current bill cannot have a credit. It must have a balance that is due to be paid. Bill must have name and service location (not P.O. Box) on it in order to be accepted.
- Proof of residency IF your ID or DL does not have your current address (Current bill in your name other than electric/gas. Ex. Water bill, cable bill, phone bill, current lease, or rent receipt if address is included.) Bill must be current and dated within 30 days of
- If there is no income in the household, we will provide paperwork that must be filled out by Head of Household and everyone 18 and older and returned to the office. Application will not be processed if all paperwork is not completed and returned to the office.
- If applying for someone else, you must have a dated permission letter from the
applicant with their signature and phone number. You must also have birthdays, race, sex, highest grade completed, and relation to head of household for everyone living in the household for the application to be accepted. The state requires this information and we must have it at the time of application in order to be accepted.
- If you do not claim all people living in the household and all income received by all
people with income at the time of application, your application will be DENIED.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program"
"Auxiliary Aids and Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities."
(985) 873-6798 TDD
LRS 1-800-846-5277 (TDD) 1-800-947-5277 (Voice)
Check out the flyer!