Severe Weather Warning from the National Weather Service
You are here:
Planning and Zoning
Share this page
Know your flood hazard
– discover where your property is in relation to the floodplain.
Insure your property for your flood hazard
– even properties located outside of the floodplain should be insured for flood.
Protect people from the hazard
– turn around don’t drown.
Protect your property from the hazard
– retrofit your home or business to help protect from flooding.
– retrofit homes or businesses in flood zones, do not build in the floodway.
Protect natural floodplain functions
– keep ditches and culverts clear of debris.
Protect yourself and your property from hurricanes
– have a hurricane plan.
Be prepared for natural hazards
– have plans for hurricanes, tornadoes and other natural events.
General flood education
– find the flood history for your area.
Flood Maps / Risk Information
LSU AgCenter LIDAR
Sea Level Rise Mapper
Know Your Flood Hazard
Get Flood Insurance
Protect You and Your Family from Flood Hazards
Protect Your Property from Flooding
Protect Natural Floodplain Functions
Protect Yourself and Your Property from Hurricanes
Terrebonne Parish Flood History
Recovery Assistance & Mitigation Planning
Resources and Information
More Flood Information
Flood Help by UNO
Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
Louisiana Sea Grant
Coastal Community Resilience Index
Terrebonne Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8026 Main Street, Suite 100
Houma, LA 70360
P.O. Box 2768
Houma, LA 70361
Jobs in Terrebonne Parish
Login to myTPCG
©2021 Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government
Return To Top