There is still time to register for the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Individuals and Households Program. At the request of the state, the deadlines to register for assistance were extended to Dec. 3, 2008 for Hurricane Gustav and Dec. 11, 2008 for Hurricane Ike. For further information you may call 1-800-621-FEMA. Speech or hearing impaired callers can use the TTY number 1-800-462-7585.
The FEMA DRC site at Town Hall on Barrow Street is still open for the convenience of applicants in Terrebonne Parish as well.
When registering, applicants will need to provide the following information:
· Name and Social Security number
· Address of the damaged property
· Current address and telephone number
· Insurance Information
· Total household annual income
· A bank routing and account number for direct deposit
A description of your losses caused by the disaster