Chauvin Base Camp Opening Beginning October 9 at 1 p.m.
Friday October 08, 2021 08:22 pm - 128 Views - Posted By Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
Chauvin Basecamp Opening (50 people)
The Basecamp (temporary shelter site) at 258 Klondyke Road, Chauvin, LA (corner of Klondyke/Bayouside Dr) is NOW READY to begin accepting occupants from the Chauvin area.
Capacity is limited to 50 residents and the last check in will be at 9pm. An additional 50 spots will be available beginning at 1pm tomorrow October 9th.
Please note the following:
- Parking is limited so please only one car per household.
- All occupants will be required to register upon arrival. Please have your FEMA Registration Number available if you have one. If you do not have one, you can register with FEMA after you have been registered at the basecamp.
- All occupants will be screened for temperature and other COVID symptoms upon arrival and daily.
- All occupants will be required to agree to the posted rules at all times. A copy of the rules is provided here.
- Storage space is limited so occupants are restricted to one piece of luggage and one personal item (backpack, purse, etc). Laundry services are available for basecamp residents only.
- Housing is individual cots in tents of up to 8 people. Linens and towels are available to those who require them.
- Three meals a day will be provided to camp occupants only.
- There is a mobile shower trailer with individual stalls on site and shampoo and body wash is provided.
- Mobile restroom trailers are provided.
- Residents are encouraged to not bring pets and return to the home to care for them as necessary, but if you must, limited supplies can be made available upon notice at arrival.