Mandatory Evac Issued For Low-lying Areas Of Terrebonne
Monday August 27, 2012 02:40 pm - 3081 Views - Posted By Administration
Mandatory Evacuation Issued for Low-Lying Areas of Terrebonne Parish
Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government is issuing a Mandatory Evacuation for the following low-lying areas of the parish.
These areas include:
• Dularge - South of Dr. Beatrous Rd. bridge near the Dularge Gym
• Grand Caillou - South of Woodlawn Ranch Rd.
• Little Caillou - South of Lacache Middle School
• Montegut - South of Montegut Fire Station
• Pointe aux Chenes - South of Pointe aux Chenes Elementary School
The following areas are under Voluntary Evacuation:
• Dularge - South of the Dularge overpass due to potential highway flooding near the beginning of LA Hwy 315
• Little Caillou - South of Duplantis Bridge to Lacache Middle School
• Areas south of the Klondyke bridge covering lower Bourg, upper Montegut, and upper Pointe aux Chenes
Terrebonne Parish opened a shelter at the Houma Municipal Auditorium located at 800 Verret Street. The shelter opened at 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning. Residents needing transportation to the parish shelter should contact the Terrebonne Parish Council on Aging at (985) 868-8411 beginning Monday morning. Those residents with medical special needs that require shelter should contact the Louisiana Department of Health at 1-800-228-9409. A temporary pet shelter will begin operations this afternoon at the West Houma Gym on Williams Avenue. This temporary shelter is ONLY available for the pets of those residents who will be staying at the parish shelter at the Municipal Auditorium.
Those going to the parish shelter should bring food, water, bedding and any other necessary supplies such as medications and baby supplies they will need to sustain themselves and their families for 72 hours (3 Days), as these items WILL NOT be provided at the shelter