Printer Friendly Version: How To

How To

How To

Report A Complaint

The Nuisance Abatement Division processes locations on a "complaint driven" basis. A complaint can be filed with our office by calling (985) 873-6563, or by visiting our office located at 7836 Park Avenue between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm Monday thru Friday. You may also complete the online complaint form.

Upon filing a complaint, you will be asked to provide the address of the location that is presumed to be in violation and the specific violation. If you do not know this information, please provide as much of a description of the property as possible. This information allows us to check pertinent information prior to making a field inspection.

You will also be asked to provide your name, address, and phone number. However, this information is not required as we do accept anonymous complaints, but it is vital in preventing unnecessary delays.

Request Public Records


Louisiana's Public Records law was enacted to give any person of the age of majority the right to inspect, copy, reproduce, or obtain a reproduction of almost any public record, except those protected from disclosure by legal exemptions and exclusions (e.g. business proprietary, personal privacy, and investigative documents). TPCG's Procedures for Public Records Requests is based on Louisiana's Public Records Act which is found in LA R.S. 44:4-41.

All requests for copies of public records must be directed to the Custodian of Records for Terrebonne Parish by contacting Administration or through the online Public Records Request form.

Administration Department
P.O. Box 2768
Houma, LA 70361
(985) 873-6401

WARNING: If requested under the Public Records Law, a requested anonymous posting may not be anonymous. While some anonymous requests may be subject to Public Records exemption statutes, others may not.