Primary responsibilities of this division are to maintain parish roads, streets, bridges, signs, roadside caution lights and traffic control signals. Funding is derived from a one-quarter ( 1/4 ) cent parish-wide sales tax with supplemental funding from general fund. With a work force of approximately 56 employees, the responsibilities of this division vary considerably performing the following:
- inspect and maintain all parish owned roads, streets, bridges, traffic control signs, caution lights and traffic control signals
- perform structural analysis of 79 parish bridges, as required by the Off-System Bridge Program
- provide assistance for elections by installing and removing handicap ramps and signs at polling locations
- setup and remove barricades for Christmas and Mardi Gras parades and other downtown activities
- apply pavement markings for No Parking zones, Handicap zones, and parish owned parking lots
- grading and shelling of roadways and shoulder, pump station roads, government owned parking lots and recreational areas
- coordinate fabrication and installation of all traffic control signs and information signs
- accept work orders for curb and sidewalk repairs
To report problems with signs, roads, traffic and caution lights, or bridges, contact Crystal Hardeman, Administrative Coordinator I, at (985) 873-6736, or email her at email@example.com.
You can also report a problem using the form provided.
|Moveable (with Bridge Tenders)
|Moveable (opened by "On Call")
|Traffic Control Signs - Parish-wide
|Traffic Lights - Overhead Traffic Light System
|Caution Lights - Roadside Caution Lights